How can I find all the backlinks on my website?

Hey everyone, I am trying to figure out how to find all the backlinks pointing to my website. I know there are tools out there like Ahrefs and SEMrush, but is there a free or more cost-effective way to do this? I want to get a comprehensive view of where my site is being linked from.

1 Like

Though Ahref is expensive, it is the best tool to check all your backlinks. But since you are too stinch to pay for the service you can try finding the backlinks by using Google. You can do so by following this extensive guide:

Free options like Google Search Console offer a basic list, and some SEO tools have free trials. You can also try searching for your website on platforms like Buzzsumo to find mentions that aren’t formal backlinks. It might not be super detailed, but it’s a great way to get a free starting point.

Honestly, no tool can catch every single backlink the moment it appears. With so many tools available, you’ll likely capture 99.999% of them, but that’s excessive. To save money for you or your client, I suggest using just Ahrefs and Semrush, or Ahrefs and Majestic. This combination should cover the vast majority of links.

Moreover, it’s important for clients to realize that Google may discover links that SEO tools miss, and sometimes these won’t even show up in Google Search Console. This means they’ll never have a complete, real-time picture of all their links.