How to get Exact Search Volume in Keyword Planner

Hey all, I’ve been using Google Keyword Planner for a while now to research keywords for my website. It used to show the exact monthly search volume for each term, which was super helpful. But now, I only see ranges like “10k-100k searches per month.” Is there a way to get the exact search volume back in Keyword Planner, or is that information gone for good? I’ve seen some mentions of using paid tools, but I’m hoping there’s a free way to get those specific numbers.

Anyone have any tricks or workarounds for getting more precise search volume data from Keyword Planner? Maybe some alternative free tools that offer exact search numbers?

Getting the exact search volume data from Google Keyword Planner can be a bit tricky since Google now provides search volume ranges instead of exact numbers for most users. However, there are a few strategies you can use:

1. Google Ads Account

Sign in to your Google Ads account and navigate to the Keyword Planner tool. Ensure your account is linked to an active Google Ads campaign to access more detailed data, including specific search volume numbers.

1. Campaign Creation

Even if you don’t plan to run ads immediately, creating a simple campaign with a few relevant keywords can sometimes unlock more precise search volume data within Keyword Planner.

1. Use External Tools

While Keyword Planner may provide search volume ranges, external tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, or Moz Keyword Explorer often offer more granular data. These tools aggregate data from multiple sources and provide estimates that can give you a clearer picture.

1. Consider Trends and Relative Data

Even with search volume ranges, Keyword Planner can still help you identify high-volume keywords relative to others. Focus on trends and relative popularity to gauge potential keyword performance.

1. Consult Google Support or Help Forums

Sometimes reaching out to Google Ads support or participating in Google Ads help forums can provide insights or solutions specific to your issue with accessing exact search volume data.