Is Google speed insights a ranking factor?

Hello,

I have a pets website and have never received any complaints about the site being slow. However, when I checked Google Speed Insights, it gave me about 28% for performance and speed due to issues with CSS and other factors.

Should I try to fix this, or ignore it since there have been no complaints?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes it is a ranking factor. In fact Google has decicated a whole page on Google Search Console on speed insights so that is how serious they take it. Google has said not once but many times that speed improves experience of users hence the significance in raking

Yes it is and this is how you can improve your speed if you have not done it.

If you are using WordPress, try the “LiteSpeed Cache” plugin to minify your CSS.

This plugin also helps you create cache policies for your website and compress images to improve your website’s Largest Contentful Paint (LCP) and First Contentful Paint (FCP) scores.

If you want, I can guide you through a step-by-step process to improve your website’s page speed but at a price

@Jefferson I really doubt these plugins. Most of them are lying to people. The page speed all depends on the host. No matter how you deploy these plugins, if your host is shit, it is just shit. In fact this article gives a deep dive into page speed and how some people have been making money and not improving speed Top 17 Core Web Vitals Tips and Tricks Nobody Will Ever Tell You!