Is it possible to set up a Google My Business listing for an online business without a physical address?

I’m launching an online business and aim to reach local customers. How can I create a Google My Business account without a physical address? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes, you can set up a Google My Business listing for an online business even if you don’t have a physical storefront or office. Here’s why:

• Google My Business (now called Google Business Profile) caters to businesses that primarily serve customers online.

However, there are a few things to keep in mind during the setup process:

• When entering your business location, you can choose the option “I deliver goods and/or services to my customers” instead of a physical address.
  • Google might still ask for verification during the process. In this case, you can use alternative verification methods like phone or email.

Setting up a Google My Business (GMB) listing for an online business without a physical address involves a few steps:

1. Service Area Business: Register as a “Service Area Business” to serve specific regions without showing a physical address.
  2. Hide Your Address: Choose the option to not display your physical address during setup and specify your service area instead.
  3. Verification: Use a home or non-commercial address for verification with Google, but opt to keep it hidden on your public profile.
  4. Complete Business Info: Ensure all other business details like contact info and hours are accurate to enhance local search visibility.
  5. Engage Regularly: Keep your profile active by posting updates, responding to reviews, and adding photos.

This approach helps you leverage GMB for enhancing local SEO and reaching more customers, even without a storefront.