Has anyone compared WordPress, Weebly, and Wix directly?

I’ve heard many times that WordPress is better for SEO than Weebly and Wix, but I haven’t found any solid evidence besides articles written by people promoting one platform or the other. Can someone direct me to a test comparing the SEO of Weebly and WordPress?

3 Likes

@Alex, WordPress is great not because search engines prefer it, but because of the plugins.

On-page SEO with Weebly (and, I guess, WIX, though I have no experience) entails knowing and altering the raw HTML.

For WordPress, you use a plugin.

Want to automatically add meta data to each page? Plugin.
Want the website to load faster? Plugin.
Automated caching? Plugin.
Want to install Google Analytics? Plugin.
Add social sharing links? Plugin.
Need to remember to promote new material on social media? Plugin.
Want to repurpose and market outdated content? A plugin.

You get the idea.

1 Like

As an experienced WordPress developer with extensive expertise of the subject—and to be perfectly honest—I would strongly advise against utilizing any of the other solutions you listed in favor of WordPress. It just isn’t appropriate to classify them together.

WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) that may be used anywhere. It was created by the community. You are the only owner of everything you create with WordPress. You have the option to choose a new hosting provider if you’re unhappy with your current one. If you’re not happy with your theme, you can purchase one, make your own, or hire someone to make one for you.