How can I check the ranking of a website?

Hi everyone,

I’m new to SEO and want to use content marketing to help. What do you use to see how well your blog posts or website pages rank on Google? I guess you use a tool once you have lots of articles.

Do you also keep an eye on what your competitors are doing?

There are ways to track how your blog posts rank on Google:

• Manual Checks: Free and simple, but limited. Just search your target keywords and see where your webpage lands in Google results.
  • Google Search Console (Free): See which keywords people find your site for, clicks you get, and average ranking (up to 1000 keywords). Like a free report card from Google!
  • Rank Tracking Tools (Paid): Track tons of keywords, ranking changes, and even competitor insights. Great for serious SEO analysis.

Absolutely keep an eye on what your competitors are doing! See what keywords they rank for, their content, and website structure. This can inspire your own strategy and help you outrank them.

Tracking your blog posts or website pages’ rankings on Google is essential for measuring your progress and identifying areas for improvement.

Tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, and Moz offer features to monitor keyword rankings and track your website’s performance in search results. Even if you’re just starting out, it’s a good idea to start tracking early on to establish a baseline and track your growth over time.

And yes, keeping an eye on what your competitors are doing can provide valuable insights and help you stay competitive.

Many of the same tools mentioned earlier also offer features for competitor analysis, allowing you to see which keywords they’re ranking for, analyze their backlink profile, and identify potential content opportunities.

Keyword Rank Checker: Used to check the ranking of a single keyword.
Google Search Console: Enables checking the keywords your website ranks for (up to 1,000).
Ahrefs Webmaster Tools: Provides insights into all the keywords your website ranks for.
Ahrefs’ Rank Tracker: Ideal for monitoring the rankings of significant keywords.
Tips for Rank Checking.

For someone new to SEO like me, is Google Search Console a good place to start?

Are there any limitations on how often I can check rankings there?