How can I get SEO clients?

I have been doing SEO for some time, but I don’t have any work or client experience. The most I have done for businesses is give free web audits on LinkedIn. I have tried many methods, but I have never gotten a client. Please help me.

2 Likes

Hey @Jason! I think you should continue offering free SEO audits. It’s a great way to show potential clients the value you can provide. Make sure to personalize your audits to their specific needs and highlight how you can help improve their rankings.

1 Like

The SEO audits you are doing are already great. In addition to that, a few other tips you can practice are:
Defining your niche, using case studies and developing a strong online presence.

I’ve been in a similar situation, and what worked for me was leveraging freelance platforms. I started by offering my SEO services on Upwork and Fiverr, which allowed me to build a portfolio and gain client trust. This approach helped me secure my first paying clients and gradually build my reputation. Give it a try, and you might find it as effective as I did.

Networking
Attend industry events, join online communities, and connect with potential clients through social media platforms like LinkedIn. Building relationships and establishing yourself as an expert in the field can lead to referrals and client inquiries.

Optimize Your Own Website
Make sure your own website ranks well for relevant keywords related to SEO services in your area. This demonstrates your expertise and can attract potential clients who are searching for SEO services online.

Content Marketing
Create high-quality content that showcases your knowledge and expertise in SEO. This can include blog posts, case studies, whitepapers, and videos. Share your content on social media and other platforms to attract potential clients and establish yourself as a thought leader in the industry.

The best way to get SEO clients is by:

1. Offer Free SEO Audits: Use tools like Semrush to analyze websites and identify areas for improvement. Reach out to businesses with your audit results, emphasizing how you can enhance their online presence.
  2. Niche Down: Focus on a specific area within SEO, such as link building or local SEO. Specializing can make you stand out and attract clients seeking expertise in that niche.
  3. Collaborate with Agencies: Partner with web design or marketing agencies. They often have clients who need SEO services and can refer them to you.
  4. Speak at Conference: Present your knowledge at industry events. Speaking engagements can showcase your expertise and attract potential clients.
  5. Create Valuable Content: Publish comprehensive articles or guides related to SEO. This establishes you as an authority and draws organic traffic.
  6. Engage on Social Media: Share SEO tips, case studies, and insights on platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter. Build credibility and connect with potential clients.
  7. LinkedIn Outreach: Reach out to prospects on LinkedIn, offering value rather than a sales pitch.
  8. Package Your Services: Develop clear, customizable SEO packages for clients. Highlight the benefits they’ll receive.
  9. Showcase Success Stories: Display client testimonials and case studies on your website to build trust.