How do I write a Google review?

What is the process for writing a Google review? I have had a positive experience with a local business and want to share my feedback on Google, but I am unsure of the steps involved. Can someone provide a detailed guide on how to write a review on Google?

Hey there

Leaving a Google review is super easy, and a great way to give a shoutout to businesses you love. Since I recently raved about local business to my friends, here’s how I just left them a review on Google:

1. Search for the Business: Just pop the business name into Google Search. Their listing should show up on the right side of the results page.

2. Find the Review Section: On the business listing, you’ll see a section with star ratings and maybe some existing reviews. Look for a button that says “Write a Review” or something similar.

3. Rate Your Experience: Google uses a star rating system, with 5 stars being the best. Give it a rating that reflects your experience.

4. Write Your Review: Here’s your chance to shine! Tell them what you loved about your experience. Did the staff go above and beyond? Were you impressed with the food or service? Be specific and helpful.

5. Hit Post. Once you’re happy with your review, just click “Post” and it should be live shortly.

Bonus tip: If you have photos of your experience, you can often add them to your revie.

It adds a nice personal touch.

Here’s how to write a Google review:

1. Search for the Business: Go to Google and search for the local business you want to review.
  2. Find the Business Profile: On the search results page, locate the business’s Google profile.
  3. Click on “Write a Review”: Scroll down to the “Review” section in the business’s profile and click on “Write a review”.
  4. Sign In to Google: If you’re not already signed in, Google will prompt you to sign in to your Google account.
  5. Rate and Write Your Review: Select the number of stars to rate the business, then write your review detailing your experience.
  6. Publish Your Review: After you’re done writing, click “Post” to publish your review.

Google will prompt you to rate the business using a star rating system, typically ranging from 1 to 5 stars.

Absolutely! I recently had a fantastic experience at a local business too, and I wanted to spread the word on Google, but I wasn’t sure how. Luckily, it’s pretty straightforward. Here’s how you can write a Google review and sing the praises of that awesome local business:

Finding the Business on Google:

There are two main ways to find the business on Google:

1. Google Search: Open your web browser and head to Google. Search for the business name. In the search results, on the right side, you should see the business’s profile with information like address, phone number, and most importantly, a section for reviews. Look for the part that says “Write a Review” or shows the number of reviews in blue. Click on that!
  2. Google Maps: If you’re more familiar with using Google Maps, you can use that too. Search for the business name in the Maps app, or tap on its location if you see it on the map itself. Once you’re on the business listing, scroll down a bit and you’ll see a “Reviews” tab. Tap on that, and then “Write a Review” to get started.

Writing Your Review:

Once you’ve clicked on “Write a Review,” you’ll see a pop-up window. Here’s where the fun part begins!

• Star Rating: First, you can rate the business with a star rating system. Five stars is the best, one star is the worst. Be honest about your experience!
  • Sharing Your Thoughts: Below the stars, there’s usually a text box where you can write your review. This is where you can tell the world why you loved this business. Here are some tips for what to include:
    • Briefly describe your experience. What did you do at the business?
    • What specifically impressed you? Was it the customer service, the product selection, or something else?
    • Highlight any details that make this business stand out!
  • Adding Photos (Optional): Some Google review options allow you to add photos to your review. If you snapped a great picture of the food you ate at a restaurant, or the cool outfit you found at a clothing store, you can include it to make your review even more helpful.

Posting Your Review:

Once you’ve crafted your masterpiece of a review, all that’s left is to hit “Post” and share your experience with the world!

By following these steps, you can write a fantastic Google review that helps others discover this amazing local business. Now go forth and spread the word!

This is a great, clear breakdown of how to write a Google review.

Thanks for sharing this information

Thank you for the information on how to write a Google review. It was very helpful

1 Like

@markus2 You are welcome

Yeah that great @Dakota