How long does it take to write 1500 words?

I just started working as a content writer right after finishing university. I’m supposed to write 1500 words each day, but it’s hard for me to reach that amount unless I spend the entire day on it.

How long does it take you to write 1500 words? Do you have any tips for writing faster?

Thanks!

Writing 1,500 words typically takes about 37.5 minutes for an average typist and around 1.3 hours if handwritten. However, if the content requires in-depth research, links, citations, or graphics—such as for a blog article or high school essay—the time needed can extend to up to 5 hours.

1 Like

Hey Mason! Writing 1500 words can take a couple of hours for me, but it varies. To speed things up, try outlining your ideas first and minimizing distractions.

How long does it take to write 1500 words

Typically it will take me about 4 hours to write blog content. Inclusive of reading and research.
For academic content, I can write 1500 in about 7 hours.

Overall, the research part is usually cumbersome and that is what takes a lot of time.

Yet, a lot of people are different. Just take your time and ensure that you provide accurate and quality, rather than quantity.

Realistically, I’d say you could go for about 90 minutes non-stop, but that’s not always possible. So, it’s better to do 20-minute sessions with 5-minute breaks in between to stay focused and productive.

On average, it may take me from 3–4 hours

I’m a writer at a marketing agency, so I’m required to write 1500 words a day, 5 times a week for 800 dollars per month. Thanks for this information I got from you

I frequently find that planning and research take longer than writing. I discover that by the time I’ve completed my planning and research, the article is practically written in my brain; all I have to do is turn it into a page. Yesterday, I completed 1200 words on a product I’m not familiar with, and it took me around three hours in total. began after lunch at 2 p.m. and finished shortly before 5 p.m.I frequently find that planning and research take longer than writing. I discover that by the time I’ve completed my planning and research, the article is practically written in my brain; all I have to do is turn it into a page. Yesterday, I wrote 1200 words about a product I don’t know much about.

The best advice is to just do it and quit wasting time wondering if you have time.