Is Wix good for SEO?

I’m joining a group that helps small businesses get online. They use WIX to make websites and don’t focus on improving search engine rankings or using WIX’s tools. Now, I’m responsible for making their websites show up better in online searches. I’ve done some SEO before, but not with WIX. It seems straightforward, but I want to know if there’s anything I should watch out for or any advice you can give. Thanks for your help!

Wix’s SEO capabilities have significantly improved over time.
While it may not rival dedicated CMS platforms like WordPress in power, it remains a solid option for creating websites that perform well in search rankings.

Wix’s SEO Strengths:

Ease of Use: Wix’s user-friendly interface simplifies optimizing basic SEO elements like title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags, making it accessible even for beginners.

Mobile-Friendliness: All Wix templates are mobile-responsive, crucial for SEO as Google prioritizes mobile-friendly sites in search rankings.

Built-in SEO Tools: Wix offers an SEO Wiz tool that guides users through optimizing their sites for search engines, streamlining the process.

Integration with Google Tools: Wix seamlessly integrates with Google Search Console and Analytics, facilitating monitoring of site performance and SEO strategy improvement.

Structured Data Integration: Wix allows adding schema markup to enhance search engine understanding of content, potentially leading to richer snippets in search results.

Weaknesses of Wix for SEO:

Limited Customization: While Wix templates offer flexibility, they can feel constraining compared to platforms with open-source code access, hindering implementation of advanced SEO techniques.

Plugins and Integrations: Wix has a growing selection of SEO-related apps but lacks the extensive plugin library of platforms like WordPress, limiting options for advanced SEO functionalities.

Potentially Slower Loading Speeds: Despite improvements, some Wix websites may load slower compared to sites on other platforms, impacting SEO rankings as page loading speed is a factor.

Overall: Wix is suitable for building websites achieving good SEO results, especially for beginners prioritizing ease of use. However, for those needing complete control over code and complex SEO requirements, platforms like WordPress may be more suitable.

Helping small businesses establish a strong online presence is incredibly rewarding. While Wix might have limitations with SEO compared to some platforms, there’s still a lot you can do to get them ranking better.

I’m happy to share some tips and resources to help you get started!

Yes but not that advanced

Wix is known for its drag-and-drop website builder, which makes it easy for beginners to create visually appealing websites without any coding knowledge.

1 Like

Yes

Wix offers basic SEO features such as customizable meta tags, alt text for images, and URL structure optimization. It also provides an SEO Wiz tool that guides users through the process of optimizing their site for search engines.