Tips to find a remote SEO job?

I am currently the head of a large eCommerce company, but the 9-6 office hours and the commute are taking up 15 hours each week, which is unsustainable for the work life balance I want.

So, if you have any suggestions on finding a remote SEO job, please share!

Here’s my current strategy:

1. Searching LinkedIn for Remote and SEO Jobs (with decent results)
  2. Googling Niche + Remote SEO Job (with mixed results)
  3. Checking sites like FlexJobs and NoDesk

Do you have any other methods or resources to recommend?

Your current approach is sound, and it’s excellent that you’re making use of NoDesk, FlexJobs, and LinkedIn.They are legitimate sites.

Use LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor. Apply filters and send your resume to many job listings. Repeat this process often, as most job ads are unrealistic, asking for a Nobel Prize winner with 5 PhDs, 106 years of SEO experience, access to Google’s internal documents, proficiency in Java, Python, and C#, and willing to work for $15/hr.

Hello Fam , Here are some tips to find a remote SEO job:

1. Sharpen Your Skills: Stay updated with the latest SEO trends and algorithms. Take online courses and read industry blogs.
  2. Build Your Portfolio: Create a personal website or blog optimized for search engines. Volunteer for non-profits or small businesses to gain experience.
  3. Target Your Search: Use keywords like “remote” or “work from home” in your job search. Look for SEO jobs on industry websites and job boards.
  4. Network: Connect with SEO professionals on LinkedIn and attend online SEO conferences.
  5. Craft Your Resume: Highlight remote-friendly skills and quantify your achievements in past SEO projects. Tailor your cover letter for each application.

I would highly advise researching a specific niche you’re interested in and just locating businesses that operate in it. Next, browse each of their career pages to see what opportunities present themselves. Because things sometimes get lost on Indeed and it can be difficult to find qualified SEOs, a job posting that you may have assumed to be over 30 days old may actually still be active on the site, or it may have never made it that far!